SOUTH INDIAN KORMA
INTRODUCING OUR NEW 1 OZ PACKETS - EASY TO SHIP! WE SUPPORT SMALL FARMERS!
See the recipe below.
Ingredients: organic turmeric, coriander, ginger, cumin, cardamom, cloves, paprika, toasted coconut, nutmeg, mace, kashmir chilis, and bay leaf. 1 OZ.
Creamy, spiced Korma is the stuff dreams are made of. This is an easy and exotic Indian dish. It's rich, creamy, mildly spiced, and extremely flavorful. If you’ve never tried your hand at making Indian food at home, this should definitely be your starter spice mix. It’s much easier than you’d think, as long as you have our South Indian Korma Spice mix in your pantry. Chicken, meat, fish, and veggie dishes are easy to make along with coconut milk or yogurt.
Easy Chicken Korma Recipe
2 lbs chicken breasts cut into 1" pieces (boneless, skinless)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp Ancient Indian Spices' South Indian Korma
- 1 onion large, chopped
2 tbsp ginger paste
2 tbsp garlic paste
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup water
1 tsp chili powder (optional)
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
1/4 cup cilantro chopped for garnish
1/4 cup almonds or cashews toasted and chopped for garnish
- Chop onion and set aside. In a bowl whisk together the yogurt, almond butter, water, 1/2 Korma Spices, and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add 1/2 Korma spices and fry for 1 minute. Add the chopped onion and stir, sauté for 5-10 minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger pastes, stir to mix, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken pieces, stir to mix, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the yogurt mixture, stir to mix in, lower heat, and cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and chopped nuts.