LINDEN HILLS FARMER'S MARKET, SOUTH MPLS
ABOUT \ Since 2014, the Linden Hills Farmer's Market has contracted the one-woman, event coordination company, of Frank & Ernest Markets & Events to manage its farmer's market. This partnership now brings you F&E Marketplace, featuring Linden Hills Farmer's Market and several other Twin Cities markets, and includes hundreds of local food makers and farmers. This a hybrid online store is populated by Linden Hills Farmer's Market vendors for our Linden Hills neighbors. F&E and the LHFM hold no inventory or own any delivery vehicles, instead vendors list and distribute all their own products. This is a lot like an Etsy or Poshmark model, but is one-of-a-kind in the local food world!
Pre-Order Monday thru Noon Thursday. Pick up Sunday 11am to Noon with online ordering.
*To best protect customers and vendors, no vendors will be onsite. The market is pre-order with pick up only. No additional sales will occur on site.
LOCATION & LOGISTICS Parking Lot of Settergren's Ace Hardware, 2813 W 43rd St, Minneapolis, MN 55410
LINDEN HILLS FARMER'S MARKET WEBSITE >
PICK UP INFO >
MORE INFO \ The Linden Hills Farmer’s Market begins its 2020 market season on Sunday, May 17 from 11AM to Noon. This is a challenging time for neighbors, with careful attention being paid staying home and social distancing. Vendors have expressed similar concerns, and the market management has created a marketplace that seeks to protect neighbors, farmers and food makers - while still providing the high-quality local foods customers know and love.
Monday thru Thursday, Linden Hills Farmer’s Market vendors are skipping the tent and leaving tables at home. Instead they are setting up and selling online! Customers will place orders online, pay with a credit card and then arrive Sunday morning between 11AM and Noon for drive-through pick up, occurring at Settergren’s Ace Hardware on 43rd & Upton, in the Linden Hills Village. Mark Settergren has generously donated his parking lot since 2012.
As the season progresses, management hopes to return to a more traditional in-person market model. Until then, all sales will be conducted online. Vendors will not be in attendance during the pick up market, and no additional sales will be made on-site, day-of market. Customers will drive through, and management will place their purchases in their car, eliminating the need for buyers to walk up or get out of their vehicles, and overall reducing contagion.
To best support neighbors in purchasing direct via this hybrid pick-up market, the Linden Hills Farmers’ Market vendors, along with Frank & Ernest Marketplace, RED Market, built its online store for start-up, small business food makers and farmers. Akin to Etsy, this one-stop-farmer’s market-online shop, is where vendors post their own products and then personally fulfill customer orders via doorstep delivery, shipping or with farmer’s market pick-up. The online store meets the LHFM mission to support and strengthen the connection between the local community and local growers by creating opportunities for buying and consuming locally produced goods.
Further, the platform is terrific for makers and farmers new to online sales, while being created for customers to select contact free shopping. It also reduces the need for customers to click from vendor site to site. At a single online store, with one credit card; Linden Hills neighbors can purchase from dozens of makers, selecting from hundreds of food products, produce, proteins, pastries and plants.
Although the market will be somewhat different in 2020, growers are ramping up and with more vendors getting online, customers can still buy from dozens of vendors every week. Purchasing directly from those makers that matter most - your neighbors. Also, with every purchase buyers can select to give back to a local nonprofit.
CUSTOMER SAFETY MESSAGING \ Following the Minnesota Department of Agriculture's guidance for farmers markets and vendors, the Linden Hills Farmer’s Market has made the following changes to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 including:
- Having all staff wear masks and clear visors, and sanitize between customer interactions.
- Creating physical barriers to slow down and distance customers.
- Setting up hand washing stations at the pick up market entrances and exits.
- Limiting the number of people allowed to enter the pick up market location at any one time.
- Additionally, we have created the following safety guidelines for shoppers including:
- Stay home if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who has been sick.
- Pick up your pre-sold products solo, only send one family member.
- Wear a mask and wash your hands.
- Don't touch products. Let management place your orders in your car, or set them at the designated table before approaching and collecting your products. We understand that some neighbors may want to arrive on site by foot, and management will do their best accommodate walk up pick ups.
- Limit conversations, don't mingle.
- Maintain 6 feet social distancing at all times.
- While these are general guidelines, as conditions change, please remember to check the Linden Hills Farmer’s Market website and Facebook page to stay informed about the latest precautions, and activities.